For some years the team behind scubAssist has been frustrated by the lack of real innovation in the field of scuba diving. No need for world-changing discoveries like implantable gills, but just useful innovations.
When Jelle got the chance to work on a prototype for a school project we realized we were on to something. Due to the overwhelming positive feedback we decided to push on and actually produce this instead of leaving it as a prototype.
That process is still ongoing, development is continuing. We are currently looking for development partners, this process is expected to be completed in December 2015.
Below you can find a (Dutch) video of the original BuddyAssist prototype.
The latest iteration of the buddyAssist concept is described in Jelle’s Thesis, this is included as a download.